Why you should choose Paralegal Studies at SIU Carbondale
- SIU Carbondale Paralegal Studies Program grants an ABA-approved Bachelor of Science degree in Illinois.
- An ABA-approved Paralegal Bachelor of Science degree provides many career opportunities. Not only can you practice as a professional paralegal with a law office, corporation, or an administrative agency, but your degree also opens the door to unique employment options and to the pursuit of law school.
- Paralegal majors who are familiar with the program mentor new paralegal majors to assist with their transition to SIU Carbondale. Our mentors are available to answer questions and to educate new students in areas other than class work.
- Paralegal students gain a working knowledge into the intricacies of legal research, writing, and legal theory, making SIU’s Paralegal Studies Program an excellent law school preparation or career path for you.
- Many paralegal students are accepted to the SIU School of Law as well as many others across the country.
- Our Paralegal Studies program also supports student groups, such as the LEX Honor Society and the Organization of Paralegal Students (OPS).